Monday, April 7, 2008

Puck you Australia!

I doubt that I'm even gonna watch The Logies. I'm so thrilled about it, that it will come and go without me even blinking.

But, I gotta say - good on ya, Chris Lilley! Good on for you son! Thank god for your talents. There's absolutely no argument that you'll be taking home a few little statues on the night. The other nominees aren't even worth a look in. Adam Hills and Rove are lovely, and deserve recognition on account of their hard work - but as my friend Lindsay would describe them - they are 'beige'. And as for Kate Ritchie and Lisa McCune.... pluuuueeeese! Lucky I'm wearing a very busy floral number today, because I just vomited down the front of my shirt.

Lilley, you've made broader Australia wake up and embrace something a little different, which is not easy to do. It's inspiring and makes me wanna keep on keeping on.

Let's hope my audition for the ABC goes great guns tomorrow, so one day we can sit and have a beer together. Love your work.

No comments: