Saturday, September 1, 2007

It's Business, It's Business Time

I’m not a sad single, so why did I cry tonight.

1. I went to dinner with three close friends. Two who have been married since she was 18, and the other uprooting her life to meet her love on the other side of the world.
2. All the conversations people had tonight were about relationships, and love and how they’re love works and how good they are together or going to be together. And a little bit of theatre thrown in - let's be honest.
3. I tried to explain I liked living by myself, but there's things that make it hard.
4. I’m not meeting anyone new.
5. I went to the pub thinking ‘Maybe I might’, but our table was so insular.
6. Looking at my phone and seeing nobody has called or text.

What I learnt:

1. I gonna try only going to dinner with fun single people or my parents – there’s not gonna be any in between.
2. Refuse to engage in anyconversation about relationships. I'm finding it overwhelming and boring. And it makes me recognise my short attention span.
3. I have the best housemate. Myself. Oh and GUS - fuck yeah!
4. That I’ve put myself in a bubble and can’t meet new people.
5. I can’t find the doorway out of the bubble to get away.
6. My phone has for some unknown reason barred all of my stalkers. Which is quite a technological feat considering I didn’t have any. It would have had to conjure up boys with binoculars and window jimmying skills and then find out their numbers and put them on my do not call this. I have a snazzy phone but it doesn’t have those kinda skills.
7. It’s nice coming home to a new episode of Flight of the Conchords. It’s business time.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am right there with you baby. And if you try to tell them how great your life is, they think you're being defensive and don't really mean it. Single beers on friday? We could even try to go to a *shock horror* "different pub". Or not.